14.8.11

Mid-August Music Mayhem Mountain (Can I get an a-MEN for alliteration)

I've thrown it back a bit this month. I also cracked the 32-day and 57-Gig mark with my music, which any tune-geek will tell you is pretty cool. Anyway, here's what's been played so far, with wiki links and videos of some of my favorite stuff...


A Tribe Called Quest - Beats, Rhymes & Life


Erykah Badu - Baduizm


Erykah Badu - Mama's Gun


(I went on a tear with this woman. I've found that, when realizing that I missed out on something that came about in my special because it just wasn't your time to understand it, going back to that, whatever it is, and delving into it is incredibly fulfilling. I've done it when I finally discovered Death Cab, Spoon... a bunch of artists. Anyway, I'm lookin' to catch up on this kind of stuff... stuff that was influential to me without me really knowing it.)


Goodie Mob - Soul Food


Al Green - Al Green Gets Next To You


Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele


And for some new stuff...


Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty


and of course...  Watch The Throne, which I have a few things to say regarding the ridiculous notion that it's not worth one's time.


Along with some singles, I look forward to getting a new Red Hot Chili Peppers album before the month ends... 

No comments:

Post a Comment