10.1.12

BLACK BALOON

Been this kind of an emotion running through me: where I just open the blinds or take a left and see beauty, but in the back of my head, there's a melancholy that's got the reigns. 

Not to get emo and drone on, but let's be real: life's crazy these days. Pick any subject to talk about with a complete stranger and you'll assuredly end up at a "yeah...shit happens" moment, unless you're talking about anything but Derrick Rose or. . . 

(spend five minutes looking around the room for something.)

Yeah, I got nothing. 

But at the same time, that keeps me present, keeps me aware of what I'm doing. When I'm listening to this song. . . yeah, it's a bummer. But dammit, they're good, and they kinda rock, and they keep it simple so I can keep reading what I'm reading or taking care of whatever I'm doing in the garage.  That kind of mentality might be an "ignorance is bliss" mentality, but knowing what I know, I'd say it's a "peace of mind while bombs go off" mentality.


Solid song.

Here's the weird video. I watched half of it and realized that I had my own picture, I'd made my own music video in my head and didn't want to sully it with vampires or whatever the hell is going on in it. . . but feel free to watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment